Success looks different for everyone. You might want to earn an advanced degree, while your colleague may aspire to a achieve a higher position. Everyone has a different perception on the exact meaning of success. However, people who succeed at what they set out to do often share a few similar characteristics.
According to best-selling author and business trainer, Dean Graziosi, it comes down to consistently practicing strong daily habits. Good daily habits, he says, can help improve your self-confidence and move the needle to higher achievement.
Want to invite more success into your life? Learn how some of the most successful people operate. We share Graziosi’s thoughts on the secrets of high-achievers in this issue of Promotional Consultant Today.
1. They have a vision. You won’t catch successful people just wandering—they know where they want to go and they don’t waste time on tasks that won’t help them get there. Graziosi recommends looking at your life a year from now and asking yourself: If this was the best year of my life, what would it look like? Then, take steps to make it happen.
2. They take ownership. Successful people are accountable to themselves and to others. When things don’t go as planned, they take responsibility. And when they commit to something, they follow through. Graziosi says the best way to keep yourself accountable is to focus on the collective “we” instead of the “I.”
3. They show gratitude. Grateful people tend to look at life positively, notes Graziosi. If you want to be more successful, learn to look for the good in your life. Start at a base level, such as your morning cup of coffee or a cool breeze as you’re out walking. You could also start a gratitude journal and jot down a handful of things that you appreciate about your life.
4. They radiate positivity. Graziosi says there are two types of people in the world: energy drainers and energy chargers. Strive to be a charger. These people bring an upbeat attitude and optimistic outlook to life. He adds that successful people practice positive thinking because they know how important it is for their overall well-being. When you look on the bright side, it’s easier to see all the possibilities.
5. They adapt. The most successful people control what they can control and let go of the rest. They understand that things won’t be perfect every day. They know challenges will arise. But they keep going and look for ways to work smarter or more efficiently.
6. They’re disciplined. Reaching your goals requires hard work. You can’t simply say you want to achieve something without putting in the necessary effort to make it happen. The people who thrive in life have clear, concise goals and obsess over how to achieve them, says Graziosi.
Successful people do many things behind the scenes, but regardless of their path, most of them align with the points above. From maintaining a grateful attitude to committing to their vision, successful people stay consistent with how they live their lives. They know what they want to achieve—and they go for it.
Compiled by Audrey Sellers
Source: Dean Graziosi is a multiple New York Times best-selling author, entrepreneur, investor and business trainer.
Used with permission from PPAI Media