Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Vice President of Sales & Marketing, but since we are a small business I have literally done every job here from graphic arts, order processing, invoicing, apparel decorating, award engraving, order delivery and trash collecting.
- What is your title/role within your company?
The fact that we are a family owned medium sized distributor we are flexible to adapt to the needs of our clients.
- What do you like best about your company?
Initial Impression started as an engraving and award company 36 years ago. 30+ years ago our clients were asking for mugs, pens, etc. Now promotional products, apparel is over 90% of our business. I joined the family business full time in 2000 after the dot com crash and never looked back.
- How were you introduced to the promotional products industry?
So hard to pin down – as a frequent business traveler I constantly use promo items – so I’ll pick two. My TenFour power bank from OrigAudio and H2GO water bottle from ETS.
- If you had to pick one, what is your favorite promotional product?
Every year I participate in the Padres Pedal for the Cause bike event that raises nearly $3 Million for San Diego cancer research. Last year I rode the century (100 miles) and it nearly broke me.
- Tell us something about you that most people may not know.