One of the best things about promotional products sales is the plethora of products you can sell. While many industries have few products to market, you have thousands! That makes it easier to pivot into new markets and focus on much-needed products. These days, you need to be nimble to be successful.
With that in mind, if you’re looking for current ideas that can grow your promotional products sales, and that your clients and prospects need, here are seven trends to pay attention to that can dramatically boost your revenue and not one of them involves selling masks!
1. Work from Home Now that companies realize that employees can easily work from home and still be productive, the trend will continue. Twitter recently announced that all their employees can work from home indefinitely and you can expect more companies to do the same. Promotional merchandise that helps employees work more effectively at home will continue to be in demand. Tech-related items such as power chargers, as well as gifts to make employees feel appreciated, will continue to be popular.
2. Road Trips With air travel on the decline, and social distancing the norm, more people will be taking to the road this summer. RV sales have skyrocketed in the past few months. This presents a great opportunity for you to market items that make a road trip easier and more fun. Items such as coolers, insulated bottles, playing cards, puzzles, games, and car safety kits will be in demand.
3. Home Cooking The virus has forced many people to shelter at home, making home-cooked meals a necessity. Items that relate to cooking make great gifts. Think cutting boards, kitchen tools, jar openers, wine glasses, and flavor-enhancing spices to name a few. Opportunities are plentiful in this arena.
4. Hands-Free We’re all much more aware of spreading germs these days and that trend is here to stay. Top products to suggest to your clients are stylus and anti-microbial pens, touchless key rings, tissue packets, and the ubiquitous hand sanitizers.
5. Great Outdoors It’s long been known that being outside and getting exercise contributes to good health and as a bonus can dramatically improve your mood. While many events have been canceled, the great outdoors will always be available. This presents wonderful opportunities to promote items such as pedometers, water bottles, caps, lip balm, and sunscreen.
6. Online Meetings Platforms such as Zoom, Go-To-Meeting and Google Meet are where business is being done these days. Employees need to look professional (at least from the waist up) on those meetings. Corporate logoed apparel and backdrop signs are hot items to suggest.
7. Exclusive Deals These days businesses are more price-conscious than ever. That doesn’t mean you have to cut your profit margins, but it does mean that you have to look for ways you can save your clients money while still making a good profit. Many suppliers are offering great deals at this time. Make your clients aware of ways you can help them save money such as early order discounts, bulk ordering, and free drop shipping and you’re sure to sell more.
Speaking of bringing in more sales, go on over to my website https://promobizcoach.com/5-must-know-strategies-for-selling-in-the-new-normal to access a FREE On-Demand webinar, 5 Must-Know Strategies for Selling in the New Normal with fresh ideas and great deals you can immediately use.
Here’s to your selling success!
Rosalie Marcus, The Promo Biz Coach, is a promotional products business expert, sales coach and top-rated speaker. Combining her skills and years of experience in promotional sales, she helps her clients sell more at higher margins to better clients. Get FREE up-to-the-minute sales tips and a FREE On-Demand Webinar 5 Must-Know Strategies for Selling in the New Normal at her website: www.PromoBizCoach.com Reach her at Rosalie@promobizcoach.com
Used with permission from PromoCorner