Happy New Year, Fellow SAAC members:
WOW, what a year we just went through! For me, the word of the Year is Pivot.
Under President Tara Villanueva's leadership, that is exactly what we did. She not only guided us through a very challenging year, but she has also set us up for a brighter future.
Some of the ways we pivoted included the following activities:
- SAAC Lunch and Learn: Thirty minutes meetings where some of the best Supplier members in the industries presented to SAAC Distributor members and others.
- Wild Wednesday Webinar (WWW)* Industry professionals shared their knowledge about industry-specific issues and leadership.
- Tuesday Learning Lab* (TLL) Industry and non-industry professionals spoke about various tools that we can all use to improve our business operations.
* Both WWW & TLL are eligible for CAS/MAS points
- Virtual SAAC Gives Back: fundraiser for American Red Cross
- SAAC Virtual Pop Up
- SAAC Spooktacular Outdoor Table Top Show
- Virtual Holiday Party and Bingo Event
While these activities were made necessary by the pandemic, we learned that some aspects were useful tools to remain engaged and provide value to our members. Where applicable, you will continue to see education and networking opportunities in a virtual or hybrid format.
We look ahead with excitement to in-person events and none more than the SAAC Expo. We are thrilled to announce that we are moving forward with an in-person SAAC Expo in Anaheim on August 5th and 6th. On Thursday, August 5th, the show floor will be open only to distributors. Then on Friday, August 6th, for the first time in SAAC history, distributors will be welcome to host your end-buyers at the show. Stay tuned for more details.
When it is safe to do so, we will again enjoy in-person happy hours, factory tours, and networking activities.
Supporting me this year are the following members of the Board of Directors:
|Bob Levitt (D)
||RJ Hagel (S)
||Jeff Stevens (MLR)
||Tara Villanueva (D)
|Jim Ristuccia (S)
||Mike Szymczak (S)
||Ray Jimenez (S)
||Daniel Henderson (D)
|A+ Wine Designs
||The Magnet Group
|Amy Williams (D)
||Michele Wieckowski (D)
I would like to thank our outgoing board members Rhett Todd who served as President and Tonia Allen Gould, who served two years as a director.
Lastly, please know the SAAC Board is here to serve our members and community. We would love to hear from you about how we can improve or simply to learn how you and your business are faring.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your 2021 SAAC Board President. I look forward to a wonderful year together.
2021 SAAC President